Lakeshore East sits east of Michigan Avenue, right between Lower Wacker Drive and Grant Park. The 28-acre neighborhood now known as the “New East Side” was once a former rail yard turned golf course. Over a decade ago, Magellan Development Group began construction on condos, luxury apartments, townhomes, shops, and green space to redevelop the area and create something spectacular. At the core of Lakeshore East is an award-winning 6-acre botanical park, which holds gardens, playgrounds, water features, and a dog park.
Although locals can access the Loop within minutes, Lakeshore East maintains a quiet atmosphere that’s perfect for professionals and families. The Village Market is home to Mariano’s Fresh Market, III Forks Steakhouse, Eggy’s Diner, and MingHin Cuisine, among others. Being steps away from the Loop, Michigan Avenue and the Theatre District creates a highly unique and convenient live-work lifestyle. Millennium Park is just a few steps away, where you can catch a concert, gaze at local artwork, join an outdoor workout class, catch a bite at the Park Grill and play in the Crown Fountain. During the winter, ice skating at the McCormick Tribune is a Chicago must-do.
Here are a few of the options when renting or buying a home in Lakeshore East.
- 340 on the Park (2007) – 68 stories, 344 condos, sky garden atrium, club room, fitness center with lap pool and spa
- Aqua at Lakeshore East (2011) – 87 stories, 262 luxury condominiums, 9 townhomes, 474 rental apartments, 334 hotel rooms (Radisson Blu), 60,000 square feet of retail/office space, 115,000 square feet of amenities
- Benton Place Parkhomes (2010) – 25 custom townhomes between 2,400 and 4,000 square feet and attached parking
- Coast at Lakeshore East (2013) – 46 stories, 515 rental apartments, 17,985 square feet of retail space, indoor-outdoor amenities
- Regatta (2006) – 49 stories, 325 luxury condos, indoor swimming pool, rooftop garden, and theatre room
- The Chandler (2007) – 40 stories, 304 luxury condos, indoor rooftop pool, two landscaped decks
- The Lancaster (2004) – 29 stories, 209 luxury condos, health club, private party room, rooftop pergola
- The Shoreham (2005) – 52 stories, 548 rental apartments, fitness facility, business center, game room, sky garden, outdoor pool
- The Tides (2008) – 57 stories, 608 luxury rentals, private club floor with workout center, outdoor terrace, and swimming pool, and game rooms
- Vista Tower (completion slated for 2020) – 95 Stories, 1.9 million square feet, 406 luxury condominium residences, 191 Wanda Vista hotel rooms, single-story penthouses with 360-degree views of Lake Michigan and the skyline