A small neighborhood bordering the Gold Coast, River North and Lincoln Park, Old Town’s location is difficult to beat. Wells Street offers plenty of lifestyle accommodations, ranging from local top-rated eateries to bustling bars. The accessibility to adjacent neighborhoods means almost any attraction is a stone’s throw – or CTA stop – away. While you’re close to Downtown in Old Town, its setback location provides an escape from the tourist-filled streets and overwhelming work crowds.
Here are some of Z Chicago’s favorite spots in Old Town:
- For laughs: Second City and Zanies
- Casual drinks: Old Town Pour House
- Not your average grocery store: Plum Market OR Treasure Island Grocery
- Celeb-worthy fitness center: Equinox
- Must-do for Summer: North Avenue Beach (open from Memorial Day through Labor Day)
Homes in Old Town vary from upscale modern mid-rises to charming historic walk-ups. Whether you’re renting or buying in Old Town, suitable and attractive apartments or homes are attainable no matter your personal taste.